The Six Tips for Maintaining CNC Router Machines
CNC router machines are not cheap and are vulnerable to wear and tear over time – especially if you do not have regular CNC router maintenance. Downtime caused by machine failure is also costly in terms of time and money for your business.
You can extend the life and usability of your machine by maintaining it instead of having to replace it or repair it.
Tips on How to Keep a CNC Router Running Smoothly
You can take proper care of your CNC router machine and maintain its smooth operation from one project to the next by following these CNC router maintenance tips.
- Schedule regular maintenance and follow it regularly: With everything else going on in the shop or in our day to day lives, it is easy to prioritise other things and skip maintenance. Plus it’s easy to forget how long it’s been since you last performed regular maintenance on your machine if you don’t set a CNC router maintenance schedule and stick to it over time.
- Maintain a regular grease monitoring schedule: Your CNC machine’s operation depends on grease, and grease needs to be changed regularly to ensure its continued efficiency. Your machine’s manual will tell you how often to grease your machine. If you find that your machine consumes grease more quickly than it should, take steps to fix the problem.
- Order consumables in advance: By ordering replacement consumables and keeping them on hand in the shop, you can quickly swap out parts as needed and avoid the frustration of downtime.
- Don’t be afraid to retire equipment or parts: If you use a machine or part beyond its serviceable life, you will only waste time and money. It’s important to recognise when it’s time to retire such components and replace them with more advanced versions.
- Keep a CNC maintenance checklist: It is not uncommon for a machine to experience breakdowns, part replacements, or anything in between during its lifetime. Documenting which maintenance tasks you performed on your machine will help you stay on top of things, as well as remind you when you need to perform certain tasks.
- Be proactive rather than reactive: The sooner you address issues rather than reacting to them afterwards, the more efficient your shop is and the more likely your income and production will be on schedule.
Get The Best Price for CNC Router Maintenance or Repair
The best way to ensure you get the most from your Tekcel CNC router is to keep it maintained regularly. Tekcel’s friendly, trained technicians can provide you with excellent CNC router services in Perth. Besides our own brand, we service most other brands as well, and we will be happy to help you get your machine running again as quickly as possible.