What Can Cause Cracks in Ceilings
Perth Ceiling and Walls specialise ceiling repairs in Perth. Whenever you have an issue with your ceiling you can be sure that they will provide a professional service to help keep you comfortable, in both your residential and commercial ceilings in Perth. Check out their website or call 0402 153 061 for a quote.
Related topic: All You Need To Know About a Plasterboard Ceiling
Why is my ceiling cracking?
Do you have an unsightly crack on your ceiling? Obviously, this is not something that any home or business owner would be pleased to see. Fortunately most cracks are relatively benign but there are others that require immediate attention. So it’s actually very important that you figure out why your ceiling is cracking because the urgency of the situation may be entirely different from what you think.
Ceiling cracks causes
There are many factors that cause cracks in the ceiling but here are some of the most common ones:
- High moisture levels: This can be caused from leaks due to plumbing issues or excessive humidity in rooms like bathrooms and kitchens. This can cause stress on the ceiling and cause cracks to appear.
- Foundation settlement issues: As homes are settling they can often experience cracks due to structural issues.
- Too much weight: Upper floors, attics and badly installed insulation can put additional pressure on ceilings.
- Age: As houses get older they can wear down a little bit. These cracks are often harmless unless they get particularly big
- Structural damage: Large cracks are often quite serious and should be dealt with straight away by contacting a quality company dealing with Perth ceiling repairs.
Signs of Structural Issues
- Spiderweb cracks: If these cracks are wider than 1.5mm the that might be a sign of structural problems.
- Cracks with bowing ceilings: On their own bowing ceilings can be age or maybe water related but when accompanied by cracks then this can be sign of structural support problems.
- Matching vertical cracks: This can often be an indicator of structural issues, especially if they run along the wall and cross the length of the ceiling.
- Cracks in the center of the ceiling: A crack in the centre of your room is of particular concern. The longer and wider they are , the more of an issue it is.
Ceiling Cracks Solutions
Perth Ceiling and Walls offer a highly professional ceiling repair service. As the highest quality service of all the ceiling companies in Perth, their team has the breadth of knowledge and expertise to sort out all your ceiling troubles and foundation issues. If you’re not sure whether your issue will be a problem, contact them for an inspection.
If you have ceiling cracks don’t just ignore them and hope they’ll get better. Contact the finest Perth ceiling repairs on 0402 153 061.