What is Brickies Sand and Where is It Used?
Due to its relative cleanliness, lightweight, and versatility, brickies sand is the sand of choice for construction projects. Known as fatty sand, it’s commonly used for brick and block construction.
Due to its high clay content, it repels water and, when mixed with cement, becomes stickier, making it ideal for bricklaying and block building. About 70 per cent of the mortar mix is sand; the remaining 30 per cent is cement, lime, and water and you can get premium brickies sand from the Premium Allsands Wattleup sand supplies depot.
Many people in Australia do not know about brickies sand when they buy sand. The reason is brickies, or bricklaying sand, is most commonly used in bricklaying. Brickies sand is also available in a variety of colours, making it a good choice for landscaping and gardening projects.
Bricklayers Prefer Brickies Sand
Bricklayers prefer brickies sand because it blends mortar beautifully. Bricklaying is made easier when brickies sand is used. As a result, mortar and bricks are more workable and dry faster, reducing the possibility of bricks falling over. Click here to know more about what is brickies sand used for?
Brickies sand even repels water, so it is great for landscaping and outdoor construction projects such as:
- Building walls.
- Blockwork made of limestone.
- Sand mortar joints.
- Steps and blocks in the garden.
Brickie Sand Types
- Yellow sand: Yellow sand is generally used for bricklaying or block laying. Bricklayers and landscapers use it as the main mortar for laying bricks. Besides rendering walls, it can be used as bedding under pool liners or as a golden finish when mixed with cement.
- White sand: The clay content in pure white brickies sand is higher than that of other sands. Due to the sand’s purity, it mixes well with white cement, resulting in whiter mortar joints. Additionally, it can be used for bricklaying jobs when the bricklayer prefers red bricks with white joints. It is also known as white bush sand.
- Red sand: Usually used for landscaping, mortar, and swimming pool projects, red brickies sand is relatively lightweight. When red sand is used in brickwork, it will last a long time, and using the right mix will ensure long-term satisfaction.
- Sydney sand: Impurities have been removed from this fine quality sand. The sand is commonly used in landscaping projects for sandpits and sandboxes. In addition, it can be used in concrete bedding for tiles, render mixes, or between pavers as a sweep joint filler.
Premium Allsands Brickies Sand
You can get the best brickies loam material from Premium Allsands at our Wattleup sand supplies depot. We are your premium sand supplier and offer a wide range of sands, including brickies, for all landscaping applications. Get the best service from us by calling (08) 9733 2289.